Friday 30 July 2010

Cycle Photo's

I found a blog called bipedfred.com which details all sorts of different trips travelled by an experienced rider. The entry below is taken from the website and details a little background on the rider.

My name is Larey (pronounced “Larry”). I’m a cyclists and the proprietor of this blog.
I don’t know anything. Please keep that in mind when reading this site.
I ride bikes in and around Fort Collins, Colorado. I’m not fast, I’ve never been fast, and I won’t ever be fast, but I am persistent.
I’m an old guy and a road-tour rider (aka going for a ride and looking at stuff). I also do transportation/utility/commute cycling when the weather cooperates.
The old Zen proverb sums it up best: “I ride my bicycle to ride my bicycle.” (Google it)
I’m not car-free or even car-light (I drive a truck), but when given a choice I will always choose riding over driving for any and all reasons. Road riding, road and mixed terrain touring, bike commuting, and utility cycling — it’s all good.
As for bike advocacy: The basic principal of Fort Collins traffic planning is to move as many cars as fast as possible. The Car is King and Fort Collins will never rank as one of the “Best Places” to ride as long as that attitude holds.
So I will continue to complain loudly and then simply go for a ride.

I thought it nice to post a few images from the blog. They just go to show the beauty of some of the sights which you can see when riding. In the next few weeks I plan on doing something similar and posting the images to this blog. I will most probably do the same as this guy and place my bike in the picture as well, as I think it is a nice little touch. Below are some of my favourite images.

No comments:

Post a Comment