Friday 23 July 2010

Self Designs

I decided to look at my own bedroom walls for inspiration for a little project. What better film posters to redesign than the ones that I own? First of all I chose the 80's classic 'Ferris Bueller's Day Off', and decided to go with the minimal route. I like this effort because it's something that you would get if you have seen the film, if not then you lose out. Watch it!
Below is another variation on my initial idea. 'The Warriors' is one of my favourite films and tells the story of several gangs who all gather in New York for a truce, until someone is shot and it becomes a race home for the protagonist gang; The Warriors. I thought I would continue to use the idea of depicting a piece of clothing and decided to go with a baseball jersey that the members of the 'Baseball Furies' wear. Again I would recommend the film to anyone!
Below is the last of three self designed posters. Again I chose to depict items of clothing, this time two dresses rather than one shirt. I'm not sure about the red background but I couldn't find another colour that looked better. Now 'Romy and Michele's' is my all time favourite film so to me the images you see are instantly recognisable, others might not be so understanding.

No comments:

Post a Comment