Friday 23 July 2010

Poster Layouts



When surfing on youtube I came across this little video which I found quite amusing. It shows the vast number of posters that have used the 'open legs' stance, a number that I had no idea was so big. It's interesting to see such variety, and how so many films you wouldn't expect to use it have. Some examples being 'Honey I Shrunk the Kids' and 'Chicken Little'. However the majority of posters shown are typical, for example pretty much every 'National Lampoon' and a few from the James Bond series.



I also found this video, which is pretty much the same idea but shows the 'Evil Eye' approach. I would say it is slightly less interesting because the idea seems to be used for mainly horror films. Some work a lot better than others, with a few of my favourites being 'Requiem for a Dream' and 'Blindness'.

No comments:

Post a Comment