Tuesday 7 September 2010

Cupcakes Conclusion

At the end of this chapter in response to my summer brief I have come to determine that all cupcakes are appetizing, but the 'ultimate cupcake' is either strawberry cheesecake or chocolate and banana. I documented each of the ten recipes in the exact same ways, through photography and impartial analysis. At the end of each recipe I asked my reviewer to give a mark out of ten to each end result, these ranged from a very disappointing 2 for my marshmallow creations to an impressive 9 for strawberry cheesecake.

In terms of additional information I asked a range of people which one of the cupcakes from the list of ten sounded most appealing without actually tasting them. I asked 40 people and the results were as follows:

2 - Vanilla
4 - Chocolate
5 - Lemon
7 - Chocolate and Hazelnut
5 - Chocolate and Banana
6 - Strawberry Cheesecake
4 - Marshmallow
1 - Red Velvet
0 - Black Bottom
6 - Peaches and Cream

This information goes to show that first impressions can be deceiving and the tastiest cupcakes arent necessarily the best sounding ones.

No comments:

Post a Comment